$50,000 matching funds
Mizzou Advantage has set aside matching, recurring funds to hire 20 faculty members over the next 5 years. These matches, $50,000 each, will be for positions that strengthen the emerging networks within Mizzou Advantage areas.
The expectation is that hires will be interdisciplinary. They are intended to create additional connections both within the networks and between existing clusters of strength. On average, 3 to 5 hires will be made annually, totaling 20 new hires at the end of 5 years.
Frequently asked questions:
- Does the match run out after a certain length of time?
No, it is ongoing rate money.
- Does the $50,000 contribute to both salary and benefits?
- How much must departments contribute? Should it match what Mizzou Advantage provides?
Mizzou Advantage will contribute $50,000 toward salary and benefits; the participating hiring department(s) will make up the remainder.
- Do the hires need to be interdisciplinary?
Yes. Positions should bridge one or more academic units.
- Do candidates need to be external?
To propose a new hire
- Contact a facilitator to discuss your idea.
- Refine your idea to reflect the facilitator’s suggestions. Bring your revised idea back to the facilitator, and/or meet with the facilitators as a group.
- Write a 2-4 page proposal. The proposal should include
- The rationale for the hire
- A detailed budget – what is the base salary, and where will funds come from? (A signature of support from the Dean is required from each funding unit.)
- How the appointment will be split between departments
- The facilitators will review your proposal and will either return it to you with further suggestions for revision, or will pass it to the Provost for his review. The Provost may request further revisions, deny, or approve the request.