Student travel awards – undergraduates
These awards provide $500 for each of 100 upper-class undergraduate students, in good standing, who travel to professional meetings related to Mizzou Advantage areas with a faculty mentor. Proposals should include a letter of support from the faculty member and should demonstrate how the travel experience will advance future career opportunities for the student.
Examples could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Student participation in a juried art show, artistic performance, exhibition and oral or poster presentation at national or international conferences.
- Opportunities for students to meet leading experts in their field of study.
- Opportunities for students to discover new ideas or techniques that can be applied to their own research projects.
Include the following information in your proposal:
- Faculty mentor, student name and department.
- Which funding source you are applying for (Student travel awards.)
- Date, location, and description of the event/activity.
- The area(s) of Mizzou Advantage into which the activity falls.
- Include a full budget of expenses to be incurred (Funding is in the form of reimbursements so receipts must be provided to the departmental fiscal officer in compliance with university regulations.)
- Faculty mentor – condensed CV or summary of your work over the past 5 years.
- Signature of support from faculty mentor travelling with the student.
Applications must not exceed two pages (excluding CV) and must be received a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event. Proposals/applications will be ranked with the criterion that the proposed activity will contribute to the overarching goals of Mizzou Advantage. Awards will be made on an ongoing basis until the annual budget has been expended. Submit completed proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we will only accept 4 student applications per faculty mentor for a particular conference.